The private swimming lessons are conducted at the convenience of our students’ home pools such as backyard or apartment pools.
We believe that everyone, no matter of their swimming experience level, age, ability, cultural background or nationality, should enjoy the aquatic activities and do so safely. Thus, our mobile swimming school is committed to teach our students how to fully enjoy the physical and mental benefits of swimming. The best part is that you can take advantage of these benefits in the comfort of your own home pool!
Our clients prefer Nereids swim school because we:
- Care about our students’ safety, well-being and goals.
- Always strive to provide outstanding services and customer support.
- Conduct lessons at the convenience of their own time and location.
- Interact with professionalism, patience and humour.
- Motivate them, challenge their abilities and guide them to grow to their fullest potential.
- Bring fast and quality results while adapting our lesson plans to the individual strengths of each student.
- Our school age students win 1st place in their school swimming carnivals
About Nereids’ swimming teachers
Our swimming teachers are fully committed to the mission of saving lives through the prevention of drownings while enhancing the confidence and stamina of each student. We teach our young swimmers, as well as their parents and grandparents how to be vigilant and safe during swimming and how to be aware of hidden dangers around water, thus making swimming a pleasant experience for all involved.
Become a Mythical Swimmer and explore the pleasures of the aquatic activities free of danger!
Nereids swimming teachers share the double passion for both swimming and teaching and are fully committed to develop positive -teacher-student relationships for all age levels.
Find out how Nereids Mobile Swimming School in Sydney can help you to discover the benefits of swimming, teach you the essential water safety skills and help you and your children to evolve into effective swimmers. Find out the types of programs we offer and contact us to schedule your first lessons.
We are always available to answer any of your questions and are fully committed to turn your swimming experience into an absolute, pleasure, while teaching you all the techniques you need to know for your water safety.
Our swimming lessons program
Our swimming lessons program is uniquely structured in order to enhance each our student’s natural swimming strengths. Through our lesson plans, our swim teachers adapt their lessons accordingly to the capabilities and objectives of each student. Therefore, we divide our young and adult students into the following categories:
- The competitive swimmers: we prepare them to become highly competitive swimmers and participate in swimming competitions and events.
- The confident swimmers: we enhance their natural swimming talents while including a great range of other swimming activities.
- The beginner swimmers: we teach them with a lot of patience in order to overcome any fears of water they might have. The beginners might continue as competitive swimmers at a later stage.
- The recreational swimmers: we teach recreational swimming to students who just want to enjoy the water without putting their heads under it.
In addition we offer the following private swimming lessons and services:
- Private swimming lessons for children and adults with disabilities: we offer specialised swimming program tailored to meet the individual needs of each young and adult student with disabilities such as down syndrome, cerebral palsy and autism.
- Private swimming lessons for toddlers: we provide private swimming classes for children aged between 6 months and 3 years old. The main objective is to familiarise them with water and teach them how to be safe.
- Private Aqua Aerobics classes: we conduct private Aqua Aerobics classes suitable for seniors and people with obesity.
- CALD Nereids Aquatic Coaching is a culturally qualified centre and we offer private swimming lessons for the Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community of Sydney.
- Private training and assessment for the Police test - Aquatic Rescue Sequence: if you are an applicant to the NSW Police Force, we can provide you private training to meet the Aquatic Rescue Sequence test requirements. Our teachers can assess you if you have access to a home/backyard or apartment complex pool.
Overall, our students learn and refine their swimming skills, while we focus on improving their endurance and enhancing their confidence as well as their water safety awareness. In Nereids Aquatic Coaching Team, we never forget the fun factor throughout the whole process of teaching!
Qualifications and Insurances
Nereids Aquatic Coaching team follows the Australian aquatic regulations and thus our swimming school holds Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance, while all our teachers hold the following mandatory certificates:
- Australian swimming certifications from either AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ (TSW) or Swim Australia™ Teacher (SAT)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) HLTAID001
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Police Check
Apart from the above mandatory certificates, many of our teachers hold additional swimming qualifications such as:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics- Access and Inclusion™
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes™
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics™
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Adults™
- Swim Australia™ Teacher Learning with a Disability
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Swimming
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies and Toddlers
Nereids swim school is a proud member of the following swimming Australian Organisations
- AUSTSWIM Recognised Swim Centre
- Swim Australia Registered Swim School
- Member of Australian Swim Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA)
- Member of Australian Swim Schools Association (ASSA)
Locations we service
Nereids Swim School delivers private swimming lessons across the whole region of Sydney including the following locations:
- City of Sydney
- Eastern Suburbs (Waverley, Woollahra and City of Randwick)
- Inner West (Burwood, Strathfield and City of Canada Bay)
- Lower North Shore (Lane Cove, Willoughby, North Sydney and Mosman)
- Northern Suburbs (City of Ryde and Hunter's Hill)
- St George (Georges River and Bayside)
- Southern Sydney (Sutherland Shire)
- Hills District (Parramatta and The Hills Shire)
- Forest District
- Northern Beaches
- Upper North Shore (Hornsby Shire and Ku-ring-gai)
- Canterbury - Bankstown
- Western Sydney (Cumberland, Blacktown, Hawkesbury and City of Penrith)
- South West (City of Liverpool and City of Fairfield)