Private Swimming Lessons for Preschool Children in Sydney
Nereids Aquatic Coaching team provides the preschool children of Sydney (aged between 3 and 5 years old) with private swimming lessons of the highest quality. Our main objective is to enhance their water safety skills.
Regardless of the level of swimming knowledge, and confidence, all parents can be certain that their kids will learn how to remain safe within water environment and gradually become efficient swimmers.
The structure of Nereids' swimming lessons for preschool children is adapted to the individual character and knowledge of each child.
Our swim school offers the Nereids Aquatic Coaching Doto™ and Nereids Aquatic Coaching Proto™ private swimming lesson programs for Sydney's preschool swimmers.
The Nereids Aquatic Coaching Doto™ swimming program is designed for confident young swimmers who are willing to put their head beneath the water.
Its purpose is to teach our preschool students the following principles:
- Keep themselves safe in case of an accidental fall into the waterways
- Learn how to safely enter and exit the pool
- General water safety knowledge (how to ask for help while being in the water, basic survival skills, how to react to dangers while swimming in the pool or the sea water etc.)
- Familiarise them with the fundamentals of the four main swimming strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly kicking)
- Diving techniques
The Nereids Aquatic Coaching Proto™ swimming lesson program aims at assisting our preschool children who are not willing to put their heads under the water, either because they cannot (due to health or other reasons) or because they do not feel confident yet.
As in Doto program, our main focus is to promote and establish water safety rules. The basic difference between the two programs has to do with the swimming styles that are taught: Only breaststroke with the head above the water (recreational breaststroke) is included in the Proto program.
There are three main goals of the Nereids Aquatic Coaching Proto™ program:
- To increase the levels of our student's confidence when they are in the water
- To make our students enjoy the water without forcing them to put their face under the water
- To give them a gradual feeling of progression and achievement
The ultimate goal of the Proto swimming program, is to gradually move these students to the Doto lesson program, but only when they are ready for that.
Swimming lessons for preschool children are extremely important for their water safety as well as their future growth, since their swimming skills could be practiced for the rest of their lives.
Nereids Aquatic Coaching teachers have the experience to fulfill all the following objectives for the kids, when our swimming programs are completed:
- Enhance water safety awareness
- Provide them with water familiarisation skills
- Assist them to overcome any fear of water they might have
- Make them familiar with the fundamentals of all four swimming strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly kicking)
Above all, we create a fun atmosphere throughout the whole teaching process and treat the kids with great patience. Our teachers always adapt their lessons plans to each student's strengths and special needs, while increasing their feeling of confidence in the water.