WE'RE COVID SAFE - Safety Measures of Nereids Aquatic Coaching03/29/2020 | Written by Nikos Vasilellis in News
Nereids Aquatic Coaching is committed to the health and safety of both our clients and teachers. As a result, we have taken all necessary measures to ensure everyone's safety during Covid-19.
We Have a Covid-19 Safety Plan and We Are Committed to Keeping You Safe
A. What Covid-19 Safety Measures Have Been Taken by Nereids Mobile Swim School?
All Nereids swim teachers are wearing full-face snorkeling masks while teaching.
They have also completed the Department of Health Covid-19 Infection Control Training https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training
In addition, they have been instructed to:
- Seek medical advice and self-isolate immediately if they are showing the symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone who has, is suspected of having it, or has been overseas in the last 14 days
- Measure their temperature with thermometer every morning and night
- Practice Social Distancing whenever possible
- Stop handshaking and other physical greetings
- Practice very good personal hygiene including washing their hands with soap, shower before and after each lesson and using hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol
B. How Can You Contribute to Safety?
- Please respect the safe distancing recommendations of at least 2 meters from our teacher and explain to your child/ren why this is important
- Please measure yours (adult students) or your kid’s temperature prior each swimming lesson
- Please be symptom free for 24 hours prior each lesson
C. Can the Covid-19 be Transmitted Through Pool Water?
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Queensland Government, the Covid-19 will be killed or inactivated with proper maintenance and in properly chlorinated pools.
D. Is it Safe to Continue with Private Swimming Lessons During Covid-19?
Swimming lessons, especially private one-on-one, can still be safe if safety measures are in place and respected by everyone.
Community Sport and Recreation activities can resume within the framework agreed by National Cabinet with an initial phase of small group (<10) activities in a noncontact fashion.
As all of our teachers are wearing full-face snorkeling masks, most of our lessons are one-on-one and conducted in chlorinated pools, then private swimming lessons are not only safe but can even contribute to boost our students' immunity and well-being.
You are welcome to visit the following link and view our new way of teaching. Click here
E. Does Nereids Mobile Swim School Continue Private Swimming Lessons for Kids?
Yes. By wearing our new full-face snorkeling masks our team continues to offer private one-on-one swimming lessons to our young and non-confident swimmers. The new masks allow us to teach from close distance while keeping both our teachers and our students safe.
F. Do I Have To Be Together With My Kid in The Pool?
No. Our full-face snorkeling masks cover the eyes, nose and mouth of our teachers, thus allowing us to teach your children as they should normally be taught.
Wishing to all of you and your families to stay healthy and safe.
Warm regards, Nikos Vasilellis
Founder of Nereids Aquatic Coaching
- Pool safety: Equipment you should consider installing
- WE'RE COVID SAFE - Safety Measures of Nereids Aquatic Coaching
- 3 Reasons Why Your Child Will Not Swim With You & 6 Things that You Can Do to Help Them
- Top 5 Games to Play in the Pool with Your Children
- Swimmers Diet: How Adapting Swimmers Nutrition Improves Health